[parsec-users] cannot run binaries (error)

Wed Apr 14 23:14:58 EDT 2010

Hi Mahmood,

You usually don't have to set PARSECDIR, the PARSEC scripts can auto detect
the path. Only set PARSECDIR if the program fails.

You need to unpack the binary packages into the same directory that also
contains the PARSEC distribution. You can keep the precompiled binaries
together with anything you've built yourself, the PARSEC framework will
manage your binary packages for you. It seems you only downloaded the
binaries, but not the PARSEC distribution.