[parsec-users] Running times of PARSEC workloads on Xeon 8-core, 8GB machine?

kishore kumar kishoreguptaos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 00:51:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

Running-times of most of the PARSEC workloads (bodytrack, canneal etc.) on
my machines is within maximum of 10 minutes (in case of 1 to 8 threads) with
*native* inputs. My machine is a Xeon 8-core having 8GB Main memory.

I am executing the workloads with parsecmgmt. For example:
 ./bin/parsecmgmt -a run -p streamcluster -c gcc-pthreads -i native -n
<number of threads>  (this is taking 720 seconds with 1-thread and 256
seconds with 8-threads)

Workloads such as bodytrack is taking 360 seconds with 1-thread and 68
seconds with 8-threads.

Is there anything wrong? or is this just because of system configuration?

Best,
Kishore Kumar Pusukuri
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~kishore