[parsec-users] Inputs sets and number of threads.

Sun Apr 25 11:44:32 EDT 2010

Hi Bhushan,

The input size and the number of threads are two independent parameters. The
only thing you need to consider is that you want to make sure the input
contains enough work units to keep all threads busy. Besides that you can
scale the number of threads any way you want.

Typically you would pick the largest input set that you can still run and
then vary the number of threads any way you want. Please be aware that
changing input sets also changes the program characteristics slightly.