[parsec-users] looking for PARSECDIR in solaris installation

Wed Apr 28 15:31:46 EDT 2010

Hi Naderan,

The correct value for PARSECDIR is the location of the PARSEC directory. For
example, if you unpacked PARSEC 2.1 into /usr/local, then PARSECDIR is
/usr/local/parsec-2.1 by default. Usually there is no need to define the
PARSECDIR environment variable because the scripts can autodetect the
location of PARSEC. I don't know why it seems to fail in your case, it might
be that you've set PARSECDIR to an incorrect value or that you've deleted
the hidden file which the autodetect function looks for.