[parsec-users] Variable 'bench_exec_dedup' for package 'dedup' has not been set

邓宁 dunning2006 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 20:56:02 EST 2010

Dear all,

Happy new year!

I install the parsec-2.1-core(49MB) in my machine and build the dedup
benchmark successfully. Then, I want to use a more larger input set, the
simsmall, simmedium and simlarge are simply copied into the input directory.
Also, I copied some *.runconf files into the /config folder in both
"/parsec-2.1/config" and "parsec-2.1/pkgs/dedup/parsec" according to the
prompt from "parsecmgmt". I suppose that the running is OK, but I got an
error saying that "Variable 'bench_exec_dedup' for package 'dedup' has not
been set".

I found the related location in the parsecmgmt file:

# Determine binary
  local bmexec_suffix=${run_exec}
  if [ -z "${bmexec_suffix}" ]; then
    echo "${oprefix} Variable 'bench_exec_${benchmark}' for package
'${benchmark}' has not been set." | ${TEE} ${log}
    exit 1
  fi
  local bmexec="${bminstdir}/${bmexec_suffix}"
  if [ ! -x "${bmexec}" ]; then
    echo "${oprefix} Error: Binary '${bmexec}' of package '${benchmark}'
cannot be found." | ${TEE} ${log}
    exit 1
  fi

Can anyone tell how I can solve the problem? If I can only run the much
larger input set test by directly copying the input_XXX.tar packages into
the /input folder like I do? Or, I should download the 2.4G full version and
re-build the package from scratch?

Thank you in advance.

--
Regards
Deng Ning (邓 宁)

School Of Computer Science and Technology
Beijng Institute of Technology, China, 100081
dunning2006 at gmail.com