[parsec-users] Variable 'bench_exec_dedup' for package 'dedup' has not been set

Fri Dec 31 06:10:10 EST 2010

Hi,

Just wanted to add that details about the PARSEC configuration files and the different variables can be found in the man pages that come with your PARSEC distribution. We also have them online:

    http://parsec.cs.princeton.edu/doc/man/

Regarding different inputs, you can have any number of inputs for a workload as long as their names are different. (No need to rename them.) If you select an input with the `-i XYZ' option, the scripts will look for the associated XYZ.runconf files.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Yungang Bao
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 5:13 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Variable 'bench_exec_dedup' for package 'dedup' has not been set

Hi Ning,

The roles of *.runconf in "/parsec-2.1/config" and "parsec-2.1/pkgs/dedup/parsec" are different. So you should not copy those *.runconf in "/parsec-2.1/config" into directory "parsec-2.1/pkgs/dedup/parsec". Instead, if you want to use different input size (e.g., simsmall), you should 1) go to directory "parsec-2.1/pkgs/dedup/parsec", 2) copy "native.runconf" to "simsmall.runconf" and 3) change run_args from " -i FC-6-x86_64-disc1.iso" to "-i media.dat".

Best Regards,
Yungang