[parsec-users] Set affinity of threads to CPUs

Jim Dempsey jim at quickthreadprogramming.com
Fri Feb 5 17:39:09 EST 2010

Avadh,

I run/develop the PARSEC on Windows XP Pro x64. And have run some benchmarks
on Windows Server (x64 Dell R710)

I have added, to some of the benchmarks, an additional parallel programming
technique called QuickThread (www.quickthreadprogramming.com).

The threading models vary in number and extent per benchmark program

Serial
pthreads (or pthreads-w32 emulation of pthreads)
Windows threads
OpenMP
TBB (Threading Building Blocks)
and now QuickThread

OpenMP,TBB and QuickThread can set thread affinity

Jim Dempsey
www.quickthreadprogramming.com

  _____