[parsec-users] fluidanimate Cells2 and cnumPars2 bug?

Wed Feb 24 14:50:18 EST 2010

Hi Jim,

There is indeed a bug in fluidanimate that makes the program recompute the
first frame over and over again, as you and Milo pointed out correctly.
However, the issue is a little more complicated than simply swapping the
pointers to the cell arrays because if the fluid state is simulated for more
frames then the number of particles per cell can exceed the hard-coded limit
of 16 particles per cell that are currently supported by fluidanimate. (That
is the reason for the crash that Milo reported.)

We fixed the issues and have a significantly improved version of the program
that will be released with the next version of PARSEC. The new version also
includes some more features such as the possibility to visualize the fluid.