[parsec-users] Thread Physical address

Tue Jan 12 13:29:10 EST 2010

Muhammad,

It seems this is an OS / CPU specific question. I can’t help you with it, it’s not related to the PARSEC workloads.

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Muhammad abid Mughal
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:01 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Thread Physical address

Hi Chris:

            Thanks for your prompt response.

            My task is to monitor how often thread migrate from one core to another and gather statistics               for each thread(such as pages,# of inst executed,# of transaction completed,etc)

I am using GEMS.Actually what they do they set some breakpoints on Virtual address after thread id written to some register(they are using %O1 global reg) .They use thread id to gather statistics and count thread migration.

How can i get thread ids for PARSEC benchmarks?

Thanks

Muhammad abid

  _____