[parsec-users] Raytrace running infinitely

Tue Jan 26 01:33:29 EST 2010

Hey Muhammad,

That is very strange. There were only two minor changes since version 2.0, so you’re essentially running the same program. Have you tried running raytrace in gdb to see where exactly it hangs?

Unfortunately there’s little I can do, the program runs fine on my Solaris machine so I cannot reproduce the error.

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Muhammad abid Mughal
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:05 AM
To: Parsec group
Subject: [parsec-users] Raytrace running infinitely

Hi guys:

           Hope you guys  doing good. I am running "raytrace" on a real physical machine sol10/sparc  but its not gonna stop.Even i ran the raytrace from downloaded binaries its not gonna stop either.

i use the command

bash-3.00# parsecmgmt -a run -p raytrace -c gcc-hooks -n 8 -x pre-simics

My system specification:

bash-3.00# uname -a

SunOS RMS 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4u sparc SUNW, A70

bash-3.00#/usr/sfw/bin/g++ -v

gcc version 3.4.3

As far as i remember ,  i ran the same benchmark before 2 months and it went fine.However, now its not stopping.It ran more than  12 hours and was still running.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Muhammad abid

  _____