[parsec-users] data footprint of facesim, raytrace, vips

Mu-Tien Chang mtchang at umd.edu
Wed Jul 7 17:26:00 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I just did some simulation using pin tool to get data footprint of parsec
workloads. Generally with larger input, I get larger data footprint.
Exceptions are facesim, raytrace, and vips. For facesim, I wonder what is
the difference between running simsmall, simmedium, and simlarge? I diff
these three inputs but turns out they are identical. For raytrace and vips,
does simlarge contains lots of replicated data blocks so that data footprint
does not appear larger?

Thanks a lot,

Mu-Tien