[parsec-users] How can I specify the core affinity when I runPARSEC ?

Ma, Kai kma3 at utk.edu
Sat Jul 10 13:03:13 EDT 2010

Thank you Muhammad abid ,

I have checked the usage of the hooks package. I did the following things under /bin directory but I cannot get 4 threads running on the 0-3 cores.
./parsecmgmt -a build -c gcc-hooks
export PARSEC_CPU_NUM=3
export PARSEC_CPU_BASE=0
./parsecmgmt -a run -p blackscholes -i native -n 4

But when I use top command: I found the threads are running on radom cores. For example in 1 run the for threads are on 2,6,8,10; for another run they are on 1, 5, 6, 11.
I did not schedule other user workloads on the system. Only PARSEC and OS (OpenSuse 11.2).

Can anyone point out, did I mess something here? Thank you so much in advance.