[parsec-users] How can I specify the core affinity when Irun PARSEC ?

Ma, Kai kma3 at utk.edu
Mon Jul 12 15:57:44 EDT 2010

Chris, thank you so much for your response.

However, I am thinking I did not activate the hooks package in the procedures I pasted. And I am still struggling with it. I will dig into the code after I make sure I did activate the hooks package. Could you give some clue about which part I missed during the procedures I pasted here?

I did the following things under /bin directory but I cannot get 4 threads running on the 0-3 cores.
./parsecmgmt -a build -c gcc-hooks
export PARSEC_CPU_NUM=3
export PARSEC_CPU_BASE=0
./parsecmgmt -a run -p blackscholes -i native -n 4

But when I use top command: I found the threads are running on radom cores. For example inone run, the 4 threads are on Core 2,6,8,10. The 2nd run, they are on Core 1, 5, 6, 11.

I did not schedule other user workloads on the system. Only PARSEC and OS (OpenSuse 11.2).

Did I mess something here? Thank you so much in advance.