[parsec-users] Dedup, Memory allocation failed

Joel Hestness hestness at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 25 12:36:41 EDT 2010

Hi,
  Are you compiling this for x86_64 perchance?  If so, I am seeing the same
error when running dedup in the M5 simulator under X86_FS, so I can confirm
the bug.
  Any ideas what it is?  Which memory allocation in the program?
  Thanks,
  Joel

2010/7/25 Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood at yahoo.com>

>  Hi all,
> For Dedup, I get a memory error for all of the data sets. Here is an
> example:
>
> bash-3.00# ./dedup  -i hamlet.dat -o hamlet.out -t 1
> PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 2.1
> [HOOKS] PARSEC Hooks Version 1.2
> [HOOKS] Entering ROI
> [DataProcess] Memory allocation failed.
> bash-3.00# vmstat
>  kthr      memory            page            disk          faults      cpu
>  r b w   swap  free  re  mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s6 --   in   sy   cs us sy
> id
>  1 0 0 1131968 843504 92 340 174 2 2  0 21  4 28 205 0  739 5175 1531 64
> 35  1
>
> I increased the memory from 512MB to 1GB and still get the same error.
> Thanks,
>
>  *// Naderan *Mahmood;*

  Joel Hestness
  PhD Student, Computer Architecture
  Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas - Austin
  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~hestness