[parsec-users] fluidanimate

Jim Dempsey jim at quickthreadprogramming.com
Thu Jun 10 21:35:31 EDT 2010

I think it will work if you bypass the hamming code and directly set XDIVS
and ZDIVS (or input as parameters)

***

Note, force of gravity is along Y axis, therefore partitioning  XDIVS and
ZDIVS is appropriate. If gravity direction changes then partitioning may
need to change too. The hamming code was a strategy to obtain the largest
ratio of volume/area for partitions.
i.e. to reduce the proportion of cells at boundary (requiring interlocked
operations).

A more natural system of particles would have gravity in an arbitrary
direction.
My rewrite attempts to take this into consideration and the input parameter
for gravity (currently constant) will drive the partitioning.

I also I think it would be nice if the container could be other than a
rectangular tube, complex shapes, and be rotating.
An example would be a front load washing machine. Barrel shape with paddles.
Animation of this should look really nice - and the benchmark would then be
more of a real world example. (like body track, facesim, etc...)

Jim Dempsey

  _____