[parsec-users] Simics commands for simulating blackscholes

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 00:37:49 EDT 2010

Thanks. Your responses were useful.

// Naderan *Mahmood;

________________________________
From: Muhammad abid Mughal <mabidm_pieas at yahoo.com>
To: PARSEC Users <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
Sent: Sun, June 13, 2010 5:42:44 AM
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Simics commands for simulating blackscholes

See simics user guide.
As you know simics is a full-system functional simulator, but we can augment it to add timing models.
Simics internally uses STCs to enhance performance by caching info about data/inst fetch.
Since i have added my timing model , so i don't want Simics to cache that info.I want to see every access (Data/Ifetch) made to memory hierarchy.Thats why i disabled STCs.We do this when we are warming caches or doing detailed simulation.
Typically you fast forward simulation until certain point(ie where u take cold checkpoint).Until that point we are not interested in any performance of a program so we don't disable STCs.

type  at simics prompt

simics>help instruction-fetch-mode

to know about this command

Regards