[parsec-users] xext lib error when building PARSEC

Ke Chen kechen.usa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:57:04 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I had trouble building PARSEC on Ubuntu 10.04 when building package
raytrace.  The log displayed in the shell is listed below with the error
message highlighted.

I have already installed the xext lib, by installing x11proto-xext-dev
package in the Synaptic Package Manager.  And I also tried to modify the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/lib where the xext lib is supposed to be installed.
But there is still the same error.

If you have the same problem before, please give me a hand to solve it.
Thank you for helping.

kechen at ubuntu:~/PARSEC/parsec-2.1/bin$ ./parsecmgmt -a build -p all[PARSEC]
Packages to build:  blackscholes bodytrack facesim ferret freqmine raytrace
swaptions fluidanimate vips x264 canneal dedup streamcluster glib gsl hooks
imagick libxml2 ssl tbblib mesa zlib cmake libtool yasm

[PARSEC] [========== Building package raytrace ==========]
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package raytrace ----------]
[PARSEC] raytrace depends on: cmake mesa
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package cmake ----------]
[PARSEC] Package cmake already exists, proceeding.
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package mesa ----------]
[PARSEC] mesa does not depend on any other packages.
[PARSEC] [---------- Building package mesa ----------]
[PARSEC] Removing old build directory.
[PARSEC] Copying source code of package mesa.
[PARSEC] Running 'env ./configure --with-driver=xlib --enable-glut
--enable-static --disable-shared
--prefix=/home/kechen/PARSEC/parsec-2.1/bin/../pkgs/libs/mesa/inst/amd64-linux.gcc':
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/bin/gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/bin/gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/bin/cpp
checking for gcc... (cached) /usr/bin/gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether /usr/bin/gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for /usr/bin/gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether /usr/bin/g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gmake... /usr/bin/make
checking for makedepend... no
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking whether to enable assembly... yes, x86
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for posix_memalign... yes
checking pkg-config files for X11 are available... yes
checking for XLIBGL... configure: error: Package requirements (x11 xext)
were not met:

No package 'xext' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XLIBGL_CFLAGS
and XLIBGL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

[PARSEC] Error: 'env ./configure --with-driver=xlib --enable-glut
--enable-static --disable-shared
--prefix=/home/kechen/PARSEC/parsec-2.1/bin/../pkgs/libs/mesa/inst/amd64-linux.gcc'
failed.

--
Ke Chen
Graduate Student - Department of Electrical Engineering