[parsec-users] solaris10 gtar: command not found problem

Qi Zuo bitsunnyday at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 05:32:17 EST 2010

I installed gnu tar and it works.

You can install the gnu tar which you can get from
http://www.sunfreeware.com/
Make sure that you get the right version according to your solaris version
and platform.
After installing the gnu tar in /usr/local/bin, you can make a soft link to
it like this

ln -s /usr/local/bin/tar /usr/bin/gtar

I hope it help.
2010/3/6 邓宁 <dunning2006 at gmail.com>

> hi all,
> I am using the precompiled binaries version of parsec on Solaris machine.
> When I input the command:
>
> >parsecmgmt -a run -x pre
>
> I got the prompt that:
> [PARSEC] Unpacking benchmarks input 'test'
> ./parsecmgmt: line 927: gtar: command not found
>
> I thought it would be that the GNU tar package was not installed in the
> Solaris platform. However, I still got the message after installing the GNU
> tar tool...
>
> So, could anyone tells me what the problem? Thank you.
>
> --
> Regards
> Ning Deng
>
> School Of Computer Science and Technology
> Beijng Institute of Technology, China, 100081
> dunning2006 at gmail.com

Regards
Qi Zuo