[parsec-users] solaris10 gtar: command not found problem

Mon Mar 8 00:27:28 EST 2010

Hi Ning,

Simply go to the config/ directory of your PARSEC distribution and update
the solaris.sysconf file with the correct path to the gtar binary.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of ??
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 11:11 PM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] solaris10 gtar: command not found problem

hi all,
I am using the precompiled binaries version of parsec on Solaris machine.
When I input the command:

>parsecmgmt -a run -x pre

I got the prompt that:
[PARSEC] Unpacking benchmarks input 'test'
./parsecmgmt: line 927: gtar: command not found

I thought it would be that the GNU tar package was not installed in the
Solaris platform. However, I still got the message after installing the GNU
tar tool...

So, could anyone tells me what the problem? Thank you.

--
Regards
Ning Deng

School Of Computer Science and Technology
Beijng Institute of Technology, China, 100081
dunning2006 at gmail.com