[parsec-users] patch for deadlock in ferret

Chris Fensch c.fensch at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 10:32:30 EDT 2010

Hello,

the following patch. The following changes are made:

- the patch replaces the queue implementation with the one from dedup.
  However, support for enqueueing/dequeueing several elements has been
  removed.

- all synchronisation via global variables has been removed:
  - the end of input is signalled by informing the queue that the
    producing thread is terminating (similar to dedup).
  - the end of output is signalled by making the main thread wait to
    join the output thread.

I think that should take care of the synchronisation problem. Please let
me know if there is another issue with this solution.

Cheers
  Chris F

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.