[parsec-users] StreamCluster and Cygwin

Thu Mar 25 16:34:57 EDT 2010

Hey Jim,

I was only adding my general perspective on this. I didn't mean to express
you should be doing that, you've already submitted a lot of amazing
improvements. :)

If there are more people interested in Windows support then maybe we can get
a collaboration going? I can do some testing but it would mostly be
regression testing on Unix.

Paul, would you be willing to take a look at Jim's patches?

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Jim
Dempsey
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:08 PM
To: 'PARSEC Users'
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] StreamCluster and Cygwin

>>My only constraint is that the patches should not break the support for
any other platforms.

I will not be able to test for the other platforms. I only have Windows (XP,
Vista, Server 2003). If resources (income) becomes available, I may expand
to Linux (most likely Ubuntu). Until then, I am in Windows.

I can only attest that to the best of my ability I will take care as to try
to keep the changes portable. Someone with access to other platforms will
have to "certify" the changes. Should problems be encountered, whomever
experiences problems can report back to me for corrections (and they can
revert back to older revisions until I can respond). Please note, I am an
independent software development company, nothing is underwriting my
programming efforts on this, please do not request features or to fix things
I did not break. Another consideration is I build from Visual Studio, I do
not use the make files. While I can provide the project files, I do not wish
to expend time modifying the make files. If other users wish to take up that
challenge, then please volunteer.

Jim