[parsec-users] local config file becomes global?

Diego Huang diego.huang at utoronto.ca
Mon May 3 00:17:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've made changes to a benchmark-local config file, but the changes
seem to also be used (incorrectly) for the benchmarks that build after
that one. Shouldn't changes to the benchmark-local config file only
apply to that one benchmark? Is this a bug in the build system?

For example, I created a new configuration by doing
bldconfadd -n gcc-prof -s gcc-serial
And then, in the local config file of the facesim benchmark
(~/parsec-2.1/pkgs/apps/facesim/parsec/gcc-prof.bldconf) I append to
CFLAGS:
CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -include stdlib.h"
CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -include stdlib.h"
(I need to include stdlib.h due to the missing function declaration
for the exit function)

I noticed that the benchmarks that compile after facesim will also
have "-include stdlib.h" in the command line, which causes problems
with mesa because it uses gcc on assembler files.

Is this a bug in the build system or a user error? Shouldn't CFLAGS
reset to the one in the global config file after building each
benchmark?

Thanks,

Diego