[parsec-users] --hash-style=both and --as-needed are illegal options

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 07:09:30 EDT 2010

Hi,
It seems that --hash-style=both and --as-needed are incompatible with open solaris, because when I want to build "blackscholes" I get an error that they are illegal options for ld.
However I the comment "# Flags for increased portability of binaries" in the gcc.bldconf says they are optional and commenting the PORTABILITY_FLAGS="-static-libgcc -Wl,--hash-style=both,--as-needed" removes the error.
Although the package is now built, I want to know if anyone had this issue before.

// Naderan *Mahmood;