[parsec-users] --hash-style=both and --as-needed are illegal options

Mon May 3 11:04:51 EDT 2010

Hi Naderan,

Both flags create more portable binaries, but they might be specific to GNU
ld. You should be able to use them on Solaris if you install GNU ld.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Mahmood
Naderan
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 7:10 AM
To: PARSEC
Subject: [parsec-users] --hash-style=both and --as-needed are illegal
options

Hi,
It seems that --hash-style=both and --as-needed are incompatible with open
solaris, because when I want to build "blackscholes" I get an error that
they are illegal options for ld.
However I the comment "# Flags for increased portability of binaries" in the
gcc.bldconf says they are optional and commenting the
PORTABILITY_FLAGS="-static-libgcc -Wl,--hash-style=both,--as-needed" removes
the error.
Although the package is now built, I want to know if anyone had this issue
before.

// Naderan *Mahmood;