[parsec-users] BlackScholes Output using TBB

Mon May 3 20:22:15 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

That should not be, the program should produce the same output no matter
what the number of threads or parallelization model is. However, we only
officially support the pthreads & serial version (to the extent you can talk
about support at all), the TBB code is a user submission.

It should be easy to find the bug if you or anybody else feels like doing
it. Blackscholes is a tiny program.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Keir
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 7:11 PM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] BlackScholes Output using TBB

Hi,

When I run the BlackScholes benchmark, configured for TBB, with the "large"
workload (in_64K.txt), I get different outputs with 1 and 2 threads. This is
not the case for the OpenMP version. The difference begins at line 8194 in
the output files. Is this expected? If so, can anyone explain?

Thanks in advance,
Paul