[parsec-users] Running a benchmark without ./parsecmgmt

Mon May 31 14:16:01 EDT 2010

Hi Mahmood,

The error message means that your dynamic linker can't find the required
shared libraries that are compatible with the ones that were used to build
the program. In this case it's the C++ standard library that comes with your
compiler. If you can run the program with parsecmgmt then that means your
compiler with its libraries is installed in a non-standard location about
which the dynamic linker doesn't know. You need to manually tell your
dynamic linker where the libraries can be found, please check the
documentation for LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or any other way) to see how to do that.

Parsecmgmt executes the following steps to run a program, you need to
replicate them somehow if you want to run programs manually:

1.)    Create working directory, unpack any program inputs there

2.)    Set paths to shared libraries needed by the program

3.)    Get arguments to use from run configurations

4.)    Change to working directory

5.)    Execute program binaries with correct arguments