[parsec-users] Running a benchmark without ./parsecmgmt

Mon May 31 15:14:36 EDT 2010

Hi Mahmood,

<nthreads> is the number of threads. And I can guarantee you that it is needed even with parsecmgmt… ;)

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Mahmood Naderan
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 3:10 PM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Running a benchmark without ./parsecmgmt

Hi again,

with a simple command "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib", that problem solved.

bash-3.00# ./blackscholes
PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 2.1
Usage:
        ./blackscholes <nthreads> <inputFile> <outputFile>

So I extracted one of the input files and run:

bash-3.00# ./blackscholes 2 in_4K.txt in_4K.out
PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 2.1
Num of Options: 4096
Num of Runs: 100
Size of data: 163840

All thing are fine now. One more question then: What is the <nthreads>? Running the benchmark with ./parsecmgmt does not need any <nthreads>. Why it is mandatory here?

// Naderan *Mahmood;

  _____