[parsec-users] Simulation time of "facesim" and "vips"

Mon May 31 22:45:44 EDT 2010

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately those are already the smallest inputs. It’s very challenging to create smaller inputs without skewing them because benchmark programs can exhibit complex scaling behavior that will distort the behavior. Worse, depending what exactly you’re trying to do simsmall might already be too small for you.

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu [mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Muhammad abid Mughal
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 9:32 PM
To: Parsec group
Subject: [parsec-users] Simulation time of "facesim" and "vips"

Hi guys/Chris,

                        Hope you all doing good. I am running timing simulation of above-said benchmarks using "simsmall" data set.

But its been running for almost 7 days. Is there anyway to reduce this huge simulation time for these benchmarks without compromising on the performance measurement accuracy? ie performance measurement must be representative of the work done by these benchmarks.

i find it hard to switch to another Simulator fast simulator (ie Flexus) . I am using GEMS simulator.

Regards,

Muhammad abid