[parsec-users] Using Pthreadw

Sun Nov 28 10:51:51 EST 2010

No, it should be independent. Did you export the IM_CONCURRENCY variable?

I suggest first you try to fix the issue that prevents you from running vips
with multiple threads. After you can run vips with multiple threads you can
add in pthreadw. The two are independent from each other.

- Chris

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Anusha
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:28 AM
To: PARSEC Users
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] Using Pthreadw

Chris,

I did set the IM_CONCURRENCY variable but it doesn't seem to have any
effect.

- Do I set the IM_CONCURRENCY variable and recompile again with pthreadw
build configuration?

-Anusha

2010/11/27 Christian Bienia <cbienia at cs.princeton.edu>

Anusha,

You need to change the number of threads that vips uses. Pthreadw has
nothing to do with that, it'll automatically recognize and instrument all
threads that vips uses. Vips expects the number of threads via an
environment variable, check the run config files in the parsec/ directory to
see how to do that.