[parsec-users] fluidanimate output

Byn Choi bynchoi1 at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 14 14:43:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a kind of a silly question regarding fluidanimate. I've run
this for a couple of frames, but it seems that the output does not
change from frame 1 onward, i.e. the buffers (cell and cell2) are not
swapped, so after every frame are calculated, the newly calculated
frame seems to be discarded. In the next iteration, the same frame is
recalculated. Is this an expected behavior?

Just to be concrete, I performed the following experiment.

$ fluidanimate 1 1 in_5K.fluid out.fluid
$ fluidanimate 1 10 in_5K.fluid out.10.fluid
$ cmp out.fluid out.10.fluid

Thanks,

Byn