[parsec-users] fluidanimate output

Christian A Bienia cbienia at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 14 17:10:51 EDT 2010

Hi Byn,

Yes, that's an issue in the current implementation of fluidanimate. The next version that will be included in PARSEC 3.0 will be able to simulate an arbitrary number of frames. (It's requires a little more than just a swap to make it work.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Byn Choi" <bynchoi1 at illinois.edu>
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:43:21 PM
Subject: [parsec-users] fluidanimate output

Hi,

I have a kind of a silly question regarding fluidanimate. I've run
this for a couple of frames, but it seems that the output does not
change from frame 1 onward, i.e. the buffers (cell and cell2) are not
swapped, so after every frame are calculated, the newly calculated
frame seems to be discarded. In the next iteration, the same frame is
recalculated. Is this an expected behavior?

Just to be concrete, I performed the following experiment.

$ fluidanimate 1 1 in_5K.fluid out.fluid
$ fluidanimate 1 10 in_5K.fluid out.10.fluid
$ cmp out.fluid out.10.fluid

Thanks,

Byn