[parsec-users] PARSEC 2.1 Solaris Binaries Unable to Setup

Ke Chen kechen.usa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 16:24:21 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I was glad to find out PARSEC 2.1 binaries for Solaris/SPARC.  We have
remote access to a SPARC machine with Solaris 10 installed.  It uses the afs
space. When I tried to run the *setup.sparc-solaris *in *bin *directory, I
got error message of "*Unable to autodetect path to the PARSEC benchmark
suite.*" So I followed the instruction and changed within *
setup.sparc-solaris* the *PARSECDIR*  to be "*/afs/
nd.edu/..../parsec-2.1-sparc-solaris*".  However, again I got error message
as below:

***********************************************************************************************************************
[PARSEC] Error: Variable PARSECDIR points to '/afs/
nd.edu/...../parsec-2.1-sparc-solaris', but this does not seem to be the
PARSEC directory. Either unset PARSECDIR to make me try to autodetect the
path or set it to the correct value.

I could not find useful information through google search.  Please help me
to solve the problem.  Thanks.

FYI, the configuration of the remote SPARC/Solaris machine is:
Machine hardware:   sun4u
OS version:         5.10
Processor type:     sparc
Hardware:           SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000