[parsec-users] Profiling PARSEC benchmark programs

Ramkumar Ravikumar ravikumar at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 5 21:03:36 EDT 2011

Hello all,

Is there a way to determine the number of (a) integer instructions, (b) floating point instructions, (c) branching instructions and so on for a particular benchmark ?

I have been using a multi core simulator called Graphite to run parsec benchmarks, but the simulator only prints out the total number of instructions and not the individual numbers (such as branch instructions, load instructions and so on)..

If anyone of you have done this kind of profiling before, please help me out

Thanks,
Ramkumar R
Grad Student, Department of ECE
UW-Madison