[parsec-users] Running ROI

Gagan Singh gagansingh86 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:37:33 EST 2011

Hey,

This is an easy one. So, I will try answer.

The things outside ROI are actually setting up data, reading arguments,
initializing stuff, basically the stuff you would need to setup before you
enter the parallel phase.

I think you are wishing to only time the ROI rather than the complete
program. I dont know what the timing presently measures the ROI time or the
full execution time. But, you can always measure time only for ROI
(start_time() before ROI and end_time() after ROI) to make sure you are only
measuring performance for ROI.

In a nutshell, running the initial part is vital, not timing it is up to
you. Hope this helps!

-G