[parsec-users] Parsec on Simics question

Dean Michael Ancajas dbancajas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:35:24 EDT 2011

I have actually tried asking in the simics forums but nobody answered
me. I can mount the /host system but the problem I see with that is
that the checkpoint I am going to make is not going to be portable to
other machines (i.e. if I run it in a batch scheduling system). Is
this the approach that you did? Won't there be any issues with simics
modifying the host fs?

2011/7/15 Gagan Singh <gagansingh86 at gmail.com>:

> This question is a better asked at simics forum. But I have never faced this
> issue.
>
> You can mount host file system using "mount /host"  command on the simulated
> terminal. Have you done this already?
>
> Regards,
> Gagan
>

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Dean Michael Ancajas <dbancajas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>  I have a question that might be off-topic but don't know where to
>> post it so ill just give it a try. I am trying to run PARSEC on
>> Solaris + Sparc on Simics. The problem I have is that the disk space
>> of standard Solaris installation is only about 6GB and PARSEC requires
>> more than that. Does anybody here have done this before? If yes, can
>> some kindly point me to a webpage or possibly copy-and-paste a
>> previous email regarding this subject?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> dean

Dean Michael B. Ancajas