[parsec-users] Errors in compiling PARSEC with intel c++ compiler

abhishek rnath abhishekrnath at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:30:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am Abhishek R. Nath, doing my M. Tech in computer science in Amrita School
of Engineering. As past of our project I had chosen the topic characterizing
an application suite and it includes the characterization of the PARSEC
benchmark tool. I downloaded the source code from the site.  I compiled the
source code and run it using the default configurations.

But I cant compile the benchmark suite with icc.bldconf. I installed Intel
C++ composer. The benchmarks *blackscholes, canneal, swaptions,
fluidanimate, streamcluster* can be compiled using icc.bldconf, but cant run
those.

These are some errors that came across during the compilation:

*bodytrack, facesim, x264, vips, ferret* show the error

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
[PARSEC] Error: 'env LIBS=-L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib -L
/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.4.191/bin/intel64/
/home/abhishekrnath/parsec-2.1/bin/../pkgs/tools/yasm/src/configure
--prefix=/home/abhishekrnath/parsec-2.1/bin/../pkgs/tools/yasm/inst/amd64-linux.icc'
failed.

*dedup shows:*

md5-x86_64.s:598: Error: 0xeb86d391 out range of signed 32bit displacement

*raytrace:*

CMake 2.6-1, Copyright (c) 2007 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Cannot find appropriate C compiler on this system.
Please specify one using environment variable CC.
See cmake_bootstrap.log for compilers attempted.

*freqmine: *

/usr/include/asm-generic/unistd.h(4): catastrophic error: cannot open source
file "asm/bitsperlong.h"
  #include <asm/bitsperlong.h>

But I cant run the compiled workloads. I get the following error.

error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

I am using kubuntu 11.04 64-bit operating system.

Please help me for doing my project.

Thank You,
Abhishek R. Nath