[parsec-users] freqmine Pthreads build

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Mar 10 16:17:28 EST 2011

Hi,

So far the freqmine source code supports only the OpenMP programming model. You have to rewrite the source code in order to build a pthread version. So just leave it out if you only care about pthread model.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: abhisekpan at gmail.com
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:13:53 PM
Subject: [parsec-users] freqmine Pthreads build

Hi,

I see that all the benchmarks except freqmine have gcc-pthreads as their default configurations. freqmine has openmp, and there is no pthreads config file at all. Is there a particular reason for this? If I am doing a study based on pthreads programming model, can I just build a pthreads version of frqmine, or should I leave this benchmark out? Please let me know.

Thank you!