[parsec-users] How link parsec's libraries

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Mar 17 16:19:56 EDT 2011

Hi Juan,

If you want to run the workloads on Simics which are compiled on another machine (e.g., the host machine) with different versions of libraries, it is a good way to link those libraries statically.

The default CXXFLAGS/CFLAGS in PARSEC only include '-static-libgcc' (Please see the 'PORTABILITY_FLAGS' in config/gcc.bldconf) which forces to use only the static libgcc. If you want to use other static libraries, e.g., libstdc++, you could add '-static' flag into the 'PORTABILITY_FLAGS'.

If you just want to make facesim use static libraries, instead of changing the config/*.bldconf, you could add the '-static' flags into the 'build_env' parameter in the workload specific build configuration files, e.g., pkgs/apps/facesim/parsec/*.bldconf.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan Carlos Martinez Santos" <juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com>
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:05:07 AM
Subject: [parsec-users] How link parsec's libraries

Hello,

I am running parsec on simics. I tried to run some programs (fluidanimate, facesim, etc), but I got an error related with the libstdc++.so.6 library. I am sure that my host library is old, but how I can link the libraries that I have on /parsec-2.1/pkg/lib/? What I need to do? Should I build each library on my virtual machine? After building, where are my libraries files?

Thanks in advance,

-- Juan Carlos