[parsec-users] PARSEC indeterminism and Prefetching

Muhammad abid Mughal mabidm_pieas at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 07:11:47 EDT 2011

Thank you very much for answering.
inst count differ = Inst count(base)-Inst count(sys. with prefetcher)
                       = 408629113 - 376282439
                        = 32346674
My base system has more inst count.I use gems-2.1 for simulation i.e.
Simics+Ruby

i am going to collect trace from my base system and i will use trace fro
simulation.This way both system exactly has same amount of inst. count.
Thats the only solution to avoid indeterminism in PARSEC.

Regards,
Muhammad abid