[parsec-users] Fluidanimate Multiple Frames output for visualization

jahanzeb maqbool jahanzeb.maqbool at gmail.com
Sat May 21 09:01:29 EDT 2011

Dear authors/contributors

I have been working on fluidanimate and in my work there was a need where I
need to visualize the fluid flow. But there is a problem that the
output remains the same for 1 frame or the 100th. So what I did?

I changed the serial code in such a way that after each frame I saved the
Cells array data to a file with extension *.fluid<framenum>* and used this
Cells data
as input to next frame. To do this, I called *RebuildGrid *for just 1st
frame and for the rest of 99 frames it is not called.

In this way I got 100 output files having 100 frames data. Then I did parse
these files to IFrIT (visualization tool) input format and Visualized it.

But the effect of fluid is not interactive (like I am not able to understand
what is going on)  Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4WN1kT1zEk&feature=related

Further playing around with the fluid constants when I put the *pressureCoeff
= 0* and I got this effect which I am again unable to understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOcffzNAy8

Kindly if you have some improved version of Fluidanimate in which we can
generate n-frames for visualization sake, then please do let me know.
Because I need
to visualize it like fluid urgently for a project.

Any quick response will be highly appreciated.

P.S : I do not know about the complex physics behind it like Navier Stokes
equation and other stuff like that.

Thank you all.

--
Jahanzeb Maqbool Hashmi,