[parsec-users] Fluidanimate implementation

gagang at cs.wisc.edu gagang at cs.wisc.edu
Tue May 24 22:20:40 EDT 2011

Hello,

I was studying the serial and pthread versions of the code for
fluidanimate and am a bit puzzled by the implementations. Here is what I
see:

1. cells2 is initialized with data read from the file.

2. cells is populated from cells2 after building the grid.
3. cells is updated after computing the forces, detecting collisions and
advancing particles.
4. Frame is advanced and steps 2 and 3 are repeated.
     Step 2, in my opinion, takes the old data in cells2 and repopulates
cells.
     cells2 does not seem to  be updated after step 3. So in some sense, the
     same computation is being repeated over and over again.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could shed some light and
possibly point out what I am missing.
Many thanks.

Gagan