[parsec-users] characterization of parsec 2.0

sparsh mittal sparsh0mittal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:48:55 EDT 2011

Thanks. Table 2.1 helps a lot and serves the purpose.
I want to seek clarification.
1. It is not clear whether Table 2.1 is for simlarge or native. I assume
simlarge.

2.
Table 2.1 states, ferret WS as unbounded and facesim WS as large.
Table 4.1 states,  ferret WS2 as 64MB,        and facesim WS2 as 256MB.

The text says, *Programs with unbounded working sets are canneal, dedup,
ferret and freqmine.* Does it refer to native?

Actually all I need to do is to classify Parsec into three groups:
unbounded, large and small(+medium). And I am unclear of ferret and facesim.

Can you clarify.
Thanks and Regards
Sparsh Mittal