[parsec-users] Benchmark Suite for Cluster

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Sep 14 15:10:10 EDT 2011

Hi Yu,

Beside those conventional HPC benchmarks, the Graph500 List also provides a set of graph benchmarks for clusters. You can try them.

http://www.graph500.org/

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yu Zhang" <zhangyu2004 at hotmail.com>
To: ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU, "parsec" <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:48:45 PM
Subject: Benchmark Suite for Cluster

Hallo Yungang,

thank you for your kind reply. Recently I built a cluster, which needs to be "benchmarked", after searching on the internet for long, I only come to realize that HPCC, HPL, SPEC2006, SPEC2007, NAS may serve such a purpose, and I also tried to build HPCC and HPL, the makefile for different Architectures seem confused to me, no clear specification for which architecture to be applied for the usual computer we use. SPEC may not be free software.

I talked about it with my professor, he also admitted that for a cluster, we need other Benchmark Suite rather than PARSEC. PARSEC is only for CMP (multi-core processor). Do you have any ideas about which other open-source Benchmark suites are available for this?

Best Regards!

Yu
2011.09.14