[parsec-users] PARSEC Test Time

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 10 11:19:31 EDT 2012

Hi Joydeep,

The execution time blackscholes depends on the number of input items and the correlation of time and input size is linear.
For example, the input number of simlarge is 64K which takes ~2 seconds to complete; The input number of native is 10M which takes ~300 seconds.

In order to run the test for 100 seconds, you can generate a ~3M input by picking them from the native input.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joydeep Mukherjee" <jmukherj at ucalgary.ca>
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 8:40:30 PM
Subject: [parsec-users] PARSEC Test Time

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way I can time my tests in PARSEC. For example, when I am running the blackscholes package with simlarge input, the test finishes in 2 seconds. Is there any way I can change the input parameters in such a way so as to run the test for 100 seconds?

joydeep at joydeep-virtual-machine:~/parsec-2.1/bin$ ./parsecmgmt -a run -p blackscholes -i simlarge

[PARSEC] Benchmarks to run: blackscholes

[PARSEC] [========== Running benchmark blackscholes ==========]

[PARSEC] Deleting old run directory.

[PARSEC] Setting up run directory.

[PARSEC] Unpacking benchmark input 'simlarge'.

in_64K.txt

[PARSEC] Running 'time /home/joydeep/parsec-2.1/bin/../pkgs/apps/blackscholes/inst/amd64-linux.gcc/bin/blackscholes 1 in_64K.txt prices.txt':

[PARSEC] [---------- Beginning of output ----------]

PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 2.1

Num of Options: 65536

Num of Runs: 100