[parsec-users] PARSEC Test Time

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 10 14:48:27 EDT 2012

Hi Joydeep,

If you still want to use "parsecmgmt" to run the workload, you can follow these steps:

1) generate a 3M input file still with the filename "in_64K.txt"
2) run "tar -cf input_simlarge.tar in_64K.txt" to get the "input_simlarge.tar" file
3) copy the "input_simlarge.tar" file to ./pkgs/apps/blackscholes/inputs" directory.
4) run "parsecmgmt -a run -p blackscholes -i simlarge" to test.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joydeep Mukherjee" <jmukherj at ucalgary.ca>
To: "PARSEC Users" <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:25:53 PM
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] PARSEC Test Time

Hi Yungang,

Thanks a lot for your help. I was looking for the native input but it does
not seem that I have it. The input packages I have are-

[PARSEC]   Available input sets:
[PARSEC]     simdev - Input to assist development of simulators
[PARSEC]     simlarge - Large input for performance analysis with simulators
[PARSEC]     simmedium - Medium input for performance analysis with
simulators
[PARSEC]     simsmall - Small input for performance analysis with simulators
[PARSEC]     test - Input to test basic program functionality

I think I can create a larger file in place of in_64k.txt and change the
time of the test. For the 3M input file that I would create, how do I make
that file as the input instead of the 64k one? The only thing I do to run
the test is execute this command- "./parsecmgmt -a run -p blackscholes -i
simlarge"

Thanks,
Joydeep