[parsec-users] PARSEC on Windows

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 15 11:39:53 EDT 2012

Hi Rui,

I'm sorry that I haven't heard anyone porting PARSEC to Windows. I'm afraid that it requires huge efforts because PARSEC has about two million LOC which are written for Linux/Unix where libraries (e.g., pthread, libc etc.) are quite different from those on Windows.

I think using desktop virtual machine might be an alternative.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Zhang" <zhang-rui at live.com>
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:14:14 PM
Subject: [parsec-users] PARSEC on Windows

I'm wondering if there is any work on porting the PARSEC to Windows. Is there any instruction for building PARSEC on Windows? I want to collect some performance data on Windows but notice that only a couple of benchmarks in PARSEC are supported on Windows. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rui