[parsec-users] serial version of parsec suite

kishore kumar kishoreguptaos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:26:03 EST 2012

Apart from memory bandwidth, one more important factor that influence
scalable performance of multithreaded program is lock-contention. I have
observed that compared to memory bandwidth, most of the PARSEC programs are
not scalable on a multicore machine with a large number of cores (e.g. 64
core machine) is because of lock-contention.

Best,
Kishore Kumar Pusukuri
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~kishore