[parsec-users] serial version of parsec suite

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 14:50:13 EST 2012

Seems that I asked the question wrongly. The problem is not running one
program 4 times. I meant 4 different programs on 4 cores. As I said:

core 0 runs ferret
core 1 runs fluidanimate
core 2 runs dedup
core 3 runs facesim

Each core runs the serial version of application (not multithreaded).

I really don't understand why should I care memory bandwidth or lock contention in this configuration.

To biswabandan:
The paper says this in section 5.1:
We simulate both 4-core (for sequential workloads) and 16-core (for parallel workloads) CMP systems

So I think it separate the workloads based on parallel or sequential applications.

// Naderan *Mahmood;