[parsec-users] serial version of parsec suite

kishore kumar kishoreguptaos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:24:06 EST 2012

If you are running four different single threaded programs then you have no
need to care about lock-contention. But you need to consider memory
bandwidth as programs share memory channels.

BTW, my point about lock-contention is that, for example, as you know,
running 8 single threaded ferret instances is different compared running a
ferret instance with 8 threads on a multicore machine. In the later case
you need to consider lock-contention also if you want to understand
scalable performance of these programs on multicore machines.

Regarding using single threaded programs or multithreaded totally depends
on the problem that you are interested in.

Best,
Kishore Kumar Pusukuri
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~kishore