[parsec-users] I wonder where can I find a "purely" serial version of Canneal, x264, or vips?

Justin Zhang jzz at mit.edu
Wed Feb 8 22:51:18 EST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to calculate my program's speedup by comparing the running
time of the parallel version and the serial version. But it seems the
above three programs cannot be made "purely" serial, because I cannot
remove stuff like atomic pointer or thread group from them. I can only
set the number of threads to 1, but that will still give me all the
overhead of parallel stuff, right? I wonder if anyone has a purely
serial version to share?

Regards,
Justin